Senior Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist
Must possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, or five (5) years of progressive experience in accounts payable and payroll experience which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of general payroll practices. Minimum one (1) year experience using ADP payroll software. Three (3) or more years full cycle accounts payable experience. Proficient with large payroll systems and how they integrate (e.g., ADP). Experience with accounting month-end close process and GL software, including recording journal entries, knowledge of how payroll transactions affect the GL, and ability to reconcile payroll accounts.
Must have working knowledge of payroll best practices e-time and attendance processing interface with payroll. Proficiency in ADP, MAS90 or 200 or equivalent software, and Microsoft Office Suite. Must have experience with large scale (500+) payroll processing. Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment and strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, and stand, walk or sit for extended periods. Must successfully pass LIVESCAN (DOJ/FBI) and pre employment drug test, provide and clear OMV printout.
Training requirements include: Competency-based training, on-the-job training, and other training provided by the professional staff of IABA and/or professionals outside the agency.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist is to ensure accurate processing and recording of the company's semimonthly payroll by providing timely and accurate financial information, and accurate and punctual processing of vendor payments.
Ensures that staff are paid in a timely and appropriate manner. Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls. The Senior Payroll & Accounts Payable Specialist attends meetings as assigned or scheduled .
Job duties will be as follows:
- Processes semimonthly payroll, deductions and other related adjustments using the ADP software system
- Verifies all timesheets have been submitted by reviewing status report in payroll system, and verifies hours on special handling timesheets to confirm that hours were not duplicated on e-timesheets.
- Issues manual payroll checks and all final (termination) checks, reviews manual and voided checks semi-monthly to assure that employees who were issued final paychecks do not have hours in the payroll
- Receives and distributes payroll checks to satellite offices; starts new payroll cycle in ADP system and notifies appropriate parties via email (i.e., human resources and payroll group).
- Assists Accounting Manager with confirming pay data and benefit accrual balances and identifies any variances for further
- Reviews expense reimbursement reports for payment ensuring in compliance with company policy (e.g., all back up-documentation has been included, correct forms have been submitted, ).
- Prepares and processes all vendor invoices and assists with month end and annual
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email, and follow-up communication.
- Codes invoices, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into financial system MAS90.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution to appropriate parties via phone call or email correspondence.
- Compiles and maintains accounts payable records. Files, maintains and distributes accounting documents, records and reports for both current and prior years' archived
- Monitors aged payables, and reconciles accounts payable general ledger monthly.
- Prepares annual 1099/1096 forms, and maintains all W-9 files by following the new vendor set-up process.
- In the absence of the Accounting Manager, assumes the responsibilities of the Accounting Manager as needed, in coordination with the CFO, including, but not limited to payroll review and transmission.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Pay Range: $18.00 - 23.00 per hour