Supported Living Community Support Companion (Hollywood)
Do you want make a difference and be a positive role model? Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful career opportunity supporting adults with autism or other developmental disabilities? Join our team!
Social/Community Integration and Participation (SCIP) is a 24-hour supported living service with positions that can provide the opportunity to work day, evening and/or overnight shifts. Some individuals may require assistance with personal care needs such as toileting, bathing, general hygiene, housekeeping, etc. Most of the people we support have challenging behaviors, which are often tied to a skills deficit in communication, coping skills, or social ability. We strive to determine the cause of the behavior and assist our participants in finding a more appropriate way to get their needs met, thus reducing their need to use inappropriate behavior. This involves assessing their abilities, strengths, and opportunities for growth, as well as teaching positive skills so they can get their needs met appropriately.
Our clients are served in 1:1 and 2:1 staff to client ratios, depending on their needs. Service is delivered in client homes and in the community, and may involve the activities of daily life such as grocery shopping, going to doctor’s appointments, and other usual errands. The service we provide allows people with a variety of disabilities to live in their own home in the community, participate as an active member in their families and communities, and develop independence skills and meaningful relationships.
Opportunity: The Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis (IABA) supports adults and children with developmental disabilities, such as Autism and Down Syndrome, etc., and challenging behaviors. We are looking for a person with great people skills to join our team to support adult individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve their goals by providing individualized support and assistance.
Wage $16.54 per hour
Working as a Supported Living Companion includes
- facilitating meaningful community connections
- establishing friendships
- exploring and participating in a variety of recreational
and educational activities
- teaching independent life skills
- managing challenging behaviors.
Requirements: Successful candidates will demonstrate honesty and respect while maintaining a positive, professional work ethic.
Must have a high level of accountability and dependability
- Must be comfortable providing personal/intimate care and working with clients requiring a behavior plan
- Able to address basic care needs of clients including but not limited to the following: medical, nutritional, hygienic, social, recreational, personal management, transportation, etc.
- Get certified in CPR/First Aid upon or prior to hiring
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 30 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Pass TB test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide current car insurance
- Provide High School Diploma and/or other qualifying certificates