Supported Living Community Support Supervisor
Are you a compassionate, people oriented person who wants a rewarding human services job supporting adults with autism or other intellectual disabilities? Being a Supported Living Supervisor is more than just a job, as you will develop a personal relationship with the individuals and families you work with.
Our Supported Living Supervisor provides and supervises highly trained non-medical support services/compassionate home companions to adults with developmental disabilities and other special needs.
As a Supported Living Supervisor you will hire, train and supervise employees who teach and assist clients in building skills necessary to live independently in their own home. You will oversee support services that are provided in the individual's home and in varied community settings in Los Angeles County. This is a full-time position with flexible hours.
The Supported Living Supervisor will possess the necessary skills to deal effectively with the day-to-day challenges of providing support services to clients, including the demonstrated ability to increase specified client skills; hire, train, and supervise employees who provide supports to adults living in their own homes. You will work in people's homes and in varied community settings serving families in Los Angeles County.
- Develop creative individual program plans and supervise implementation
- Supervise direct support staff and senior staff
- Provide direct support, emergency on call support, and crisis intervention as needed
- Maintain positive relationship with the client, family or families cared for
Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, or a related field preferred; or comparable training and experience supporting individuals with autism, intellectual disability and/or challenging behaviors.
- Proof of valid driver's license, copy of auto insurance liability coverage, and clear DMV report
- Operational vehicle
- Proof of current CPR and First Aid training certifications
- Clearance with the Department of Justice by completing a fingerprint background check
- Successfully passing pre-employment drug test
Physical Activity Requirements:
- Ability to physically lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds (e.g., groceries, housewares, or move furniture)
- Ability to physically assist, guide, and facilitate movement of clients that may need physical assistance (e.g., wheelchair transfer, walking, etc.)
- Ability to actively participate in frequent recreational activities
The Supported Living Supervisor will be expected to participate in approximately 40 hours of required training and would complete it during the first three months of employment. Training requirements include: competency based training, on the job field training, and any other training provided by the professional staff of IABA and/or professionals outside the agency.
Days and hours vary dependent upon candidate qualifications and client requirements.