Controller-Willmar, MN Corporate Office
- Develop, implement, maintain and initiate continuous improvement of a financial management information system providing meaningful and accurate information.
- Maintain internal controls to protect company assets and ensure reliability of financial information. Ensure all processes are in accordance with SOX guidelines. Manage the JOTS SOX compliance process each year. Ensure accounting procedures are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Company Policy.
- Direct all work performed in the customer invoicing and customer deduction processing areas.
- Plan and direct the activities of the general accounting and revenue accounting staff to include personnel and employee development matters.
- Report financial information in a timely and accurate manner. Provide assistance and advice regarding financial and accounting matters to company management.
- Work in conjunction with the other senior company executives to provide uniformity and continuity in operational, as well as strategic problem resolution and financial initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the completion of the long range plan, the annual operating plan, and capital budgets. Strive for consistency, comparability and accuracy across each of the business units.
- Oversee and manage all interaction with internal audit and outside public accountants
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience with experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- A pattern of initiative and leadership
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- CMA or CPA certification
- Operational accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle system
Excellent pay and benefit package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, 401K, pension, continuing education and much more. Benefit Eligibility within 31 days and relocation assistance provided to eligible participants.
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.