BREEDER OPERATOR B/ PERHAM BREEDERS- PERHAM, MN.
Ready to start something new with a great company? Well, Jennie-O Turkey Store is ready for you! Come join our amazing team Perham Breeders as a Breeder Operator B. Along with a great team we offer a great Health benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), paid time off and a Sign On Bonus!
- Perform daily chores on a Breeder farm as assigned by the Breeder Farm Supervisor or Breeder Flock Specialist. Wash & adjust waterers, start feedlines, adjust feeder pipes and feeders. Remove dead and injured birds from the flock.
- Participate and be responsible as a member of a work group in 8-12 egg gatherings/day which includes egg sanitizing, grading, and traying of all hatching Quality eggs.
- Responsible for accurate accounting and record keeping for eggs packed, eggs culled, cooler room temperatures, cooler room humidities, internal cooler egg temperatures, and broody control recording.
- As trained & assigned, assist in performing the task of group handling mature broody breeder hens.
- As trained & assigned, drive breeder hens on insemination days in such a manner that is consistent good turkey breeder husbandry.
- As trained & assigned, maintain nest litter and/or pads in clean and proper conditions according to communicated specifications.
- As trained & assigned, condition and maintain floor litter according to communicated specifications.
- Continually meet all Breeder farm sanitation/isolation policies and procedures through attended training, supervisor communications and practicing self management skills.
- As a Breeder farm team member, be responsible for helping to maintain a safe work environment for yourself and fellow employees by immediately communicating and/or taking other actions to eliminate safety hazards at work.
- As trained, certified, and/or instructed, operate farm machinery.
- Attend all on or off farm training and/or. informational meetings as assigned.
- Report to and work on other farms or departments as assigned.
- Based on aptitude, be willing to learn and participate in daily breeder flock(s) service activities.
- Perform other duties as instructed and assigned.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from assigned farm.
- Good previous attendance record (school and/or previous employment).
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- 9th grade level math, reading & writing skills.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs. from floor to waist height frequently with occasional lift from floor to full extension.
- Able to wear eye & respiratory protection equipment on a continuous basis.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Able to meet all Breeder farm sanitation/isolation requirements.
- Valid drivers license with good driving record.
Excellent pay and benefit package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan with 401K match, continuing education, and much more.
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.