Hatchery Maintenance Lead, Detroit Lakes, MN
Jennie-O Turkey Store has a unique opportunity for an experienced maintenance professional ready to lead a crew. This position has extensive opportunity to allow the right person to create the ideal maintenance programs for the hatchery operation. If you are ready to advance your career and meet the qualifications, apply now!
- Plan and schedule all preventative maintenance activities for the maintenance team. Troubleshoot machine failures.
- Ensure all daily, weekly, monthly maintenance checks are fulfilled according to direction from the Manager or Supervisor (i.e. hatcher and incubator calibrations, inspections of fire extinguishers, ladders, emergency alarms, incubator alarms, generator, heater bar, etc.
- Direct the activities of the hatch pull operation and egg transfers.
- Maintain various electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Consult with manager or supervisor on building maintenance needs.
- Maintain inventory of tools, equipment, supply parts for incubators, hatchers, and other equipment.
- Through innovation, maintain ongoing evaluation of methods, equipment, techniques to identify potential for least cost, high quality poult production.
- Assist in designing trials for improved hatch relative to egg handling and storage from hens to egg sets.
- Utilize microprocessor alarm system "History of Operation" report and Hatchery production database reports to analyze incubators and hatchers to detect area of yield deficiencies.
- Develop and maintain a machine operation profile. Modify profile when necessary to obtain optimum hatch results and poult quality.
- Evaluate quality of poults and report to supervisor.
- Assist with mid-year reviews on eligible maintenance team members.
- Oversee completion of humidity, temperature, and turning checks on incubators and hatchers.
- Available to report to work for emergency repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Skills to work on electrical, electronic, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic equipment.
- Able to safely operate power tools and equipment.
- Independent self-starter and team player.
- Able to work 12 hours shift and some holidays.
- Able to lift 50 lbs., twist, stoop, bend, or squat
- Attention to detail.
- Able to follow bio-security policies.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Able to perform simple math functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with management, peers, and outside contractors.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Strong preference given to those who possess a degree or certificate from a maintenance related program.
- Previous maintenance lead and/or supervisory experience.
Excellent pay and benefit package including health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, vacation, holidays, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan with 401K match, continuing education, and much more.
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.